Who can become applicant in Japan?

In Japan, an inventor, or his or her assignee can be an applicant. Also it is common in Japan for an assignee company to file a patent application, as well as a PCT international application.

However, an applicant does not have to submit an assignment unless the examiner requests it. In general, no assignment is required so long as the inventor’s address is the same as that of the assignee.

Contact us

We're not around right now. But you can contact us at 215-701-6349 or 81-3-5298-6552.

Questions? We're here. Send us a message!

Click ENTER to chat